We were given a default head to mess around with in Mudbox, so I went for a zombie type character. It's not particularly complete or detailed, but I got the chance to use pretty much every aspect of the sculpting tools in the process.
Thursday, 31 October 2013
Friday, 25 October 2013
We were given a polygon modelling task a couple of weeks ago, which involved modelling an old item of clothing such as a shoe.
My trusty cowboy boots have recently given up the ghost after 10 years of faithful service, so I figured it was only right to model them so they can survive digitally forever.
The next stage is to UV map then sculpt additional details, which is when I'll add in more of the wear and tear (of which there is a lot), but the base mesh is completed and you can check it out below!
Thursday, 24 October 2013
I've recently rekindled my love for photography.
I'm still continuing my photograph a day project, which is currently at around 3.5 years and 1,300 images, but the last year has been predominantly boring "diary shots", randomly interspersed with the occasional adventure and/or climbing photograph.
Since coming back to Dundee I've had the chance to do a lot more photography for the sake of photography... and I love it. It's good to get the creative juices flowing again, and I've always found the surrounding area pretty inspiring. The stunningly unique Tay light certainly helps.
Here's a handful of highlights from the past couple of weeks.
Friday, 4 October 2013
In a mild panic, I've been trying to think up some potential film ideas for the Masters... particularly considering Ticked Off was written, boarded, designed, modelled and textured by this point in the production timeline.
drinking buddy animation peer, Tom Paxton, and I have been fleshing out an idea over the past couple of days about a guy who gets turned into a cartoon version of himself. It's early days yet, and we're going to keep the details under wraps until we figure it out... at which point we'll no doubt pitch it then start the hunt for potential collaborators.
In the meantime, I whipped up this first concept piece today to give us something to work with. I've included the original image and a cropped in section as well.
Fire away with any feedback and/or suggestions!